- Cob is a building material consisting of clay, sand, straw, water, and earth, similar to adobe.
- Cob is fireproof, resistant to seismic activity, and nearly FREE OF COST FOR EVERYONE.
- Cob is an ancient building material, which was used for construction since prehistoric times. Some of the oldest man-made structures in Afghanistan are composed of rammed earth and cob.
- It is completely natural and non-toxic, creates no waste, and requires minimal tools to construct.
- All building material is on-site, for all and anyone who decides to build, at any given location.
- Naturally thermal, the houses keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Extremely creative; a cob house can be built with one floor or three; one can build the staircase, oven, loft, etc. from cob material while integrating windows, doors, secret compartments, and closets. The entire house is built with human hands and loving labor and will last for several years.
- They are very simple to build!
- They are most common in England and Oregon, withstanding both rain and snow and summer heat.
Polish photographer Marcin Ryczek took this incredible shot of a man feeding swans and ducks from a snowy river bank in Krakow